Biotech's Boom Suffers a Setback in March April 01, 2014 | Press Release
Investors Flock to Biotech March 03, 2014 | Press Release
Biotech IPOs Off to a Strong Start in 2014 February 03, 2014 | Press ReleaseSee all News
Mohan S. Iyer Joins Burrill & Company's Merchant Banking GroupApril 24, 2006
San Francisco, CA - April 24, 2006
Burrill & Company, a San Francisco-based global leader in life sciences whose principal activities are in Venture Capital, Merchant Banking and Media, today announced that Mohan Iyer has joined the firm as Managing Director in its Merchant Banking Group. Mohan will focus on assisting Merchant Banking Group clients in structuring, negotiating and closing spin out, M&A, licensing, and other transactions.
- Prior to joining Burrill & Company, Mohan was Executive VP of Corporate Development at diaDexus responsible for various transactions during a seven year period, including in- and out-licensing and a successful spin-out of the therapeutics division.
- While at diaDexus, he also played a key role in two private financings totaling over $130mm, managed R&D operations for a year and headed the marketing launch of a novel cardiovascular diagnostic product.
- Prior to diaDexus, Mohan was a healthcare consultant at The Wilkerson Group where he managed several strategic engagements across the pharmaceutical, biotech, diagnostics and medical device industries.
- Mohan began his biotech career at Genentech, where he spent 7 years in positions involving biopharmaceutical manufacturing, process engineering, and capital projects management.
- He holds a BS in Chemical Engineering (Tennessee), an MS in Biomedical Engineering (Duke), and an MBA (Yale)
"Mohan joins a successful and rapidly growing transaction team at Burrill & Company," James Watson, Head of the Merchant Banking Group said. "Our clients value the operating experience and technical expertise we bring to transactions - and Mohan brings a blend of skills to deal making that extend far beyond the financial perspective of many service providers."
For more information, please visit Burrill & Company's website at www.burrillandco.com
Back to News list